JOURNAL RECORD: Honorees selected for Health Care Heroes event
By Journal Record Staff | March 23 | See full article here
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Journal Record will host the 2nd Annual Health Care Heroes award program on May 21 at 4 p.m. This virtual event will honor individuals who have gone above and beyond to help make Oklahoma a healthier, safer and happier place to live and work.
Nominations were accepted from Dec. 1, 2020 to Feb. 28, 2021.
Honorees were selected in eight categories:
- First Responder: Honors individuals such as members of the military, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, firefighters and police for their professional achievement and community involvement in their line of duty.
- Nurse: Honors individuals from the nursing field whose performance is considered exemplary by patients and doctors and provides a model of professionalism to peers.
- Physician: Honors doctors who work to discover new medicine or practices that can save lives or improve the quality of life for a large number of people. These honorees also are involved in community organizations and outreach programs that focus on improving the community’s health.
- Professional: Honors health care workers other than doctors and nurses. Examples include administrators, researchers, technicians and professors.
- Volunteer and Volunteer Group: Honors nonpayroll individuals and groups who reach out with time or skills to help patients or health care providers.
- Health Care Innovation: Honors innovative projects implemented in Oklahoma in 2020 that have improved the health of Oklahomans.
- Animal Care: Honors individuals who care for animals, including house pets or livestock. They are recognized for their professional achievement and community involvement.
- COVID Champion: Honors individuals whose performance over the past year during the pandemic has exemplified their caring service and commitment to the health care field. These are the front-line workers in the battle against this deadly virus.
The 2021 honorees are:
• Animal Care, Dr. Rod Hall, Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.
• Animal Care, Kim Schlittler, Best Friends of Pets.
• COVID Champion, Sean Simpson, Broken Arrow Seniors.
• COVID Champion, Joel Guthridge, Ph.D., Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation.
• COVID Champion, Dale Bratzler, DO, MPH, MACOI, FIDSA, OU Health.
• COVID Champion, Jayne Van Bramer, Oakwood Springs Hospital.
• COVID Champion, LaWanna Halstead, RN, MPH, Oklahoma Hospital Association.
• COVID Champion, Adel Ghuloom, Oklahoma Heart Institute.
• COVID Champion, Tanya Cain, Indian Health Care Resource Center of Tulsa.
• COVID Champion, Courtney Hammond, Concordia Life Plan Community.
• COVID Champion, Betty Beck, DRH Health (Duncan Regional Hospital).
• COVID Champion, Tammy Powell, SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital.
• COVID Champion, Marissa Flores, Oklahoma City-County Health Department.
• COVID Champion, Dwight T. Sublett, M.D., Oklahoma Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics.
• First Responder, Richard A. Kernes, Emergency Management Training Associates.
• First Responder, Joshua McMasters, AMR.
• Health Care Innovation, Heather Love, Comanche County Memorial Hospital.
• Health Care Innovation, MaxQ Research (Team), MaxQ Research.
• Nurse, Anna Jacoby, OU Medical Center – Oklahoma Children’s Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
• Nurse, Jessica Collett, St. Anthony.
• Nurse, Judy Farrar, Oklahoma ER & Hospital.
• Physician, Dr. Charles Hollen, M.D., Ph.D., GenesisCare.
• Physician, Douglas Drevets, M.D., OU Health.
• Physician, Luz Tono, Integris Baptist and SSM/St. Anthony.
• Physician, Daniel Molina, M.D., Chickasaw Nation Department of Health.
• Physician, Ronald Sutor, M.D., Integris Cardiovascular Physician.
• Physician, Andrea R. Scott, D.O., Infectious Disease Consultants of Oklahoma City.
• Physician, Dr. Noor Jihan Abdul-Haqq, Peace of Mind Pediatrics.
• Physician, Cate Hildebrand, M.D., OB/GYN Specialists of Tulsa Inc.
• Physician, Jasmine Gaddy, M.D., Indian Health Service.
• Professional, Patti Davis, Oklahoma Hospital Association.
• Professional , Ann Newberry, Restore Counseling OKC.
• Professional, Lorri Essary, M.Ed., Oklahoma City-County Health Department.
• Professional, Tonia Lowrey, MPH, CPH, Oklahoma City-County Health Department.
• Physician, Dr. Patrick McGough, Oklahoma City-County Health Department.
• Professional, Kammie Monarch, RN, OU Health.
• Professional, Alan McDonald, DDS, NSO Low-Cost Dental Clinic.
• Professional, Matthew Ramirez, Oklahoma City Energy FC and SSM Health.
• Professional, Jenny Stewart, Oklahoma Heart Hospital Research Foundation.
• Professional, Brian Banks, Providence Home Care.
• Volunteer, Stephen Scott, U.S. Army.
• Volunteer, Clayton McCook, DVM, Equine Sports Medicine & Surgery/Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps.